Friday, June 10, 2011

Again

Well, here we are again.  Today is Austin's birthday.  He would be 3 years old.

I thought that because more time had passed that today would be easier than previous years.  But I have a swell of emotions churning inside me.  I feel dizzy, tired, sad, anxious, and I could be sick at any moment.  The most curious emotion is nervousness.

Yesterday was not only the day before Austin's birthday, but the day we found that he had died.  Last night when I went to bed I was remembering that 3 years ago I was in the hospital wondering how I could do this.

Today is not only Austin's birthday, but the day he arrived, without breath.  Today is the day that I held my son for the only time in this life.

So please forgive me for not answering my phone today.  Please understand if I cry.  Most of all, please, please, remember my son.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Thinking about your family today and sweet Austin. He will never be forgotten! It is okay to feel emotion, and I hope that you can also find peace within those emotions.
Love,
Chelsea

VanessaSmith said...

I was thinking about you and your sweet boy all day yesterday. I wish I could give you a big hug.

Amy said...

:( I've been thinking of you and Austin all week. I will never forget him.

Love, Amy