Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Leavin' On a Jet Plane

Tomorrow Colby and I are going on a trip for 6 whole days!!!!! My brother joined the Air Force and I am going to his Basic Training graduation in Texas. This trip is great for several reasons:

1. I was unable to go to Blakie's farewell party and was the only sibling that missed it. Now I'm the only sibling able to go to his graduation. I'm excited to see him because I don't know when I'll see him again. He could be stationed in Malaysia for the next 6 years.

2. I have always wanted to go to Texas. Not for any special reason, I just wanted to go there.

3. I've been in a motherhood rut lately and need to do something different!! I'll be able to chill for a few days and get out of my usual schedule.

4. It's good to have the dad be charge of EVERYTHING for a while. Clay will have to get the girls ready for school and take them to school, do their hair, check for homework, make dinner, etc. I'm sure when I come home I'll be a little more appreciated. (Not that he doesn't appreciate me now, but he'll realize just how much I do.)

5. It's 68 degrees in Texas!!!! Where I live, we're at a cool 22 degrees at this moment. It was around 6 degrees when I woke up this morning. Hooray for 68 degrees!!!!



This is the longest I've been away from my girls. They will be taken care by some fabulous friends and of course their dad, but when I'm with them in and out every day it makes me sad to leave them for so long. (I also worry about what they'll look like when they go out in public. Let everyone know that the dad is doing the hair!) Well, I couldn't be leaving them in better hands.

See you next week!

6 comments:

::lindsay said...

Have fun! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Amy said...

Ahh, Texas... I was just looking through all my pictures from my trip in August! 68ยบ, doesn't that sound lovely. It was 105 when I was there. Winter is the time to go for sure.

Have fun!

Shellie said...

Exciting! Have fun!

Heather said...

68 sounds perfect right about now... and the girls hair will be ok. If not, tell Clay to be grateful it's cold here- they can wear hats! ;)

Vanessa said...

That sounds awesome! I want to go too!

Tyler and Caryn said...

Hope you had a fun trip! I look forward to hearing about it when you get back!