Wednesday, February 16, 2011

She'll Laugh About It Someday

I hate it when our morning is going great, only to be disrupted by the dog.  Harsh to blame the dog?  Well, just wait until you read what she did...........

I've gotten into the habit of taking Cuddles with us to drop the kids off at school because it's easier than getting her into her carrier.  (She's not allowed to be free at home alone because of peeing reasons.)  So this morning she ran outside to the car with us.  When we got to school, I pulled up to the sidewalk for Savannah to get out and Cuddles escaped.  Here's where pandemonium broke out.  I didn't want to get out because I was in workout clothes and slippers.  I yelled at Savannah to run across the street and grab Cuddles.  As soon as Cuddles saw Savannah coming she zoomed down the street.  (Remember that a ton of cars are driving down this road to the school.)  Savannah would get close and Cuddles would take off again.   Finally Savannah came back to the car sobbing because she couldn't get Cuddles.  She may have been a little embarrassed at all the kids watching her try to catch this little wiener dog!  So I told her to go on to school and I would try to get Cuddles.  But things had gone too far for Savannah.  She climbed back into the van and cried that she didn't want to go to school.  (All the while, Cuddles is having a free for all on the neighbors lawns.)  So I was trying to keep an eye on Cuddles' location and trying not to lose it with Savannah.  Finally Cuddles nonchalantly came back across the road and I got her in the van.  Then I finally convinced Savannah to get out of the van and try to have a good day.   Rotten dog!


Side note: it is very difficult to exercise using the Wii Fit when Colby is trying to use it too.  I don't do very well with his body in the way.

3 comments:

cate create said...

I'm sorry to laugh at your expense, but I did. I could picture the whole thing in my mind very well....especially the slippers part - been there. What a great way to start the day.

VanessaSmith said...

That is a really funny story! I have the same problem with excercising. Everyone wants to "help" and I am too tired before they wake up and after they go to bed.

Amy said...

That's so sad! As funny as it is though, I half expected part of the "pandemonium" to be Liah screaming her head off and running away from cuddles while Savannah was trying to catch her. That could have been funny too. lol