Saturday, May 7, 2011

Project Paint Girls' Rooms--Complete

A couple months ago Clay and I decided to let Savannah have her own room downstairs.  So a big project started.  First of all, the storage room would become Savannah's new room so I had to figure out where all the food and other stuff was going to go.  That took some planning and finagling but we got that figured out.  Then I started painting.  A lot.  As in 5 different colors.  By myself.  Savannah wanted two colors, so Dakotah did too, and I had to peel off a wallpaper border and prime Dakotah's room first.  I got Savannah's painted in 3 days (only painting while Colby napped, of course) and Dakotah's took a week but they are both finished and the girls are happily living in their own rooms.


Here are some before pics of the girls room





Dakotah's room!  We ordered some wall decals that will pretty up the walls a little more.





Savannah's new room! 






So next I am preparing for a yard sale I am having in June.  I'm getting rid of all my baby clothes, our TV and entertainment center since we bought a new one, toys, Clay's tool box for his truck (which hasn't lived in his truck for 8 years) and other various stuff.  Right now my sewing room is a mess with all the stuff I'm collecting.  It'll be good to get rid of it and have my sewing room back to its original cleanliness.

Oh, and stayed tuned for a surprise announcement coming in June!!


2 comments:

Marilyn Johnson said...

I love the rooms!!! Savannah's room doesn't look anything like the room we cleaned all of that storage out of. Dakotah's room sure looks different, too.
What's the big surprise in June? I can't wait that long.

Amy said...

The rooms look amazing!

A surprise?