Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Austin's Birthday Celebration

Last week for Austin's birthday we had a small celebration at the cemetary.

We invited close friends to share the time with us.


I gathered roses from different places to cover Austin's grave with them.
This is my favorite picture.
Our family had written notes to tie to balloons to send to Austin.
Letting the balloons go!




Everything went exactly how I planned.
Clay liked letting the balloons go so much he wants to do it
every year for Austin's birthday!


9 comments:

Heather said...

I think doing the balloons every year is a great idea. I love that last picture of you and Clay. You both look very peacful enjoying the moment and remembering Austin.

::lindsay said...

I agree. The balloons are a great tradition to start with your family. I'm glad you turned it into a special day.

Amy said...

I'm glad you had so much support on his birthday. Such a good way to remember him.

tharker said...

I too love this last picture, and I love the idea of sending off balloons every year for Austin.

River Hopkins said...

oh I too love that last picture. it's so beautiful. I love the idea of balloons every year. It's so sweet. Wish I could've been there. Miss you tons.

Mark and Jana said...

That is really cool!

Tyler and Caryn said...

Looks like it was perfect! We love you all and are looking forward to seeing you next month!

Laura Pearson said...

Andrea,
Your grace and peace astound me. You are truly an amazing person. I know it's a little late, but my love and thoughts are with you.
Laura

Michelle said...

Beautiful. I love the roses.
I'm so glad you were blessed with a peaceful, perfect day.
Happy birthday to sweet Austin!