Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Couple of My Latest Endeavors

Endeavor #1:

Dakotah wanted a dress with long sleeves. When I told her that the stores weren't selling dresses with long sleeves right now she responded with, "You can make me one."

So I did. It was an easy pattern and she looks beautiful. She was very patient with me as I made all those layers.




Endeavor #2:

Clay does not buy himself new clothes. His only suit was from his mission, which was 15 years ago. So for Father's Day we bought him a new suit. He wore it and looked so great in it----except for his shoes which were also from his mission. He wouldn't ever buy new ones because "these are so comfortable." That's because he wore them to death. So I bought him new shoes, put them in the closet in place of his old ones and left them for him to find. When he found them he was not happy with me.

"Where are my old shoes?"

"I threw them away."

"Why did you do that? They had plenty of life in them!"

"Well, they're gone. Try one the new ones. You might like them."

He tried them on, didn't like them, but allowed me to take them back and get different ones. He liked the different ones and now his outfit is completely new!! He looks so handsome.



He puts up with a lot living with me.

3 comments:

Heather said...

The dress turned out so cute! I love the layers of ruffles.

The suit looks great, and how clever for you to buy the shoes and throw the old ones away- no turning back!

tharker said...

Love the dress! You did a great job!!!

The suit and the shoes....AWESOME!

Amy said...

I love Dakotah's confidence in you! My girls are the exact same way. "Well you can just make me one! and one of those, and I want that one too..."

Sometimes a wife just has to step in and do what needs to be done. I had to do it with a few of Jeremy's shirts from high school, my mom had to do it with my dad's daisy duke shorts (pretty sure she cut those up first)... what, TMI? lol...

Clay looks so sharp! Good job! And I'm so glad you did the shoes too! It is worth it!