Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Today

Today is the day two years ago that my life changed forever.

Today is the day that I woke up knowing that something was wrong with my baby but was not willing to accept it until much later.

Today is the day that I pleaded with Heavenly Father to let my baby be all right.

Today is the day I nudged and poked my stomach straining to feel a movement.

Today is the day that there was no heartbeat.

Today is the day that I cried and screamed and cried some more.

Today is the day.



Today is the day that Cindy drove me to the hospital and stayed for a long time.

Today is the day that Clay raced from work to meet us at the hospital.

Today is the day that my mom and dad drove all night to be with us.

Today is the day that Janna took care of my girls so my parents could be with us.



Today is the day two years ago that life became something different for us.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I'll be thinking of your family and most especially precious Austin today. Love you, Andrea.

Shellie said...

Love you guys and will be thinking of you this week.

tharker said...

Thinking of you. Love you!

Melissa said...

May Heaven bless you and yours today.

Amy said...

I know. I have been thinking of you and Austin all day. Wondering how you are doing. If you are feeling okay. Remembering where I was and how I felt when I heard the news, and all of the events that followed. Wondering what I could have done different. I know you don't let me be a part of this and you hate me for saying it, but this is the day that changed me forever, too. I hurt so badly that this happened to you. I love you and I miss our friendship. I hope someday you will find a way to let me in again.

Love, Amy