Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Doing good!

All is well at the Hayes' household. We can't get enough of our little son and brother. He is a really good baby!



I look terrible here so focus on the cute baby!





Clay is so in love with his son. He is taking care not to take Colby for granted. He doesn't get grumpy when I wake him to help me sometimes during the night. After all, if I'm not sleeping, why should he? Colby actually only wakes up twice a night; good for a newborn.





The girls are so happy! They will look in on him and watch him sleep. They are very vigilant. They are also very helpful. They will do anything I ask if it is to help Colby.




This is the best doctor in the world! Dr M really helped us endure through this pregnancy. He was understanding, compassionate, and took seriously what I was feeling. He delivered Austin and so was there during that time and experienced with us what we felt. He really took care of us and helped us get Colby here safely.

It's been interesting taking care of Colby. I feel to do an extra good job, part for Colby and part for Austin. Since I was never able to care for Austin, I feel that by taking care of Colby I'm also taking care of Austin. Colby reminds us of Austin in everything we do. We mainly remember that we were never able to do any of these things with Austin.

Changing diapers, nighttime feedings, wetting through clothes, what are these to the miracle of being able to hold my baby in my arms? To knowing that he gets to stay with me and no one will take him away? I am tired and I have terrible shoulder and neck pain right now but I can't feel to complain because my baby is with me this time. I am blessed to be able to care for him. Giving birth is not just a natural event anymore. It is a miracle. Every time Colby looks at me I see a miracle.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

What a sweet baby! You are very blessed. I can't believe how baby hungry those pictures make me.

Heather said...

He is a miracle. I loved the way Savannah's face lit up when I asked her about Colby on Sunday. I'm so happy for you all.

meohmyers said...

Congrats again! I'm so happy for you and your family. He is so precious.

Anonymous said...

He's Beautiful! But honestly, he fits right in! I'm so happy for you (and your family)!

Amy said...

Glad you are doing well! He is so beautiful. He definitely is a miracle.

Megan said...

thanks for a good perspective. i need reminding once in a while...

i'm glad that you are ALL doing well

Michelle said...

awesome.
I so, so love this post.

Mark and Jana said...

Such cute pictures!