Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Can I do it? Yes I can!

My only sister is getting married in August (I'll have to post about it; it's an interesting story) and she asked me to be a bridesmaid, which surprised me because she always told me I'd probably be pregnant when she got married and she didn't want pregnant bridemaids. So since I'm barely not pregnant anymore, I get the honor. A couple days later when talking to my mom she said:

"When I come visit I'm bringing the material for your dress."

Me: "Cool."..........pause.............."Am I making my own dress?"

Mom: "Yes. Since you can sew now you get to make your own dress. And I always make dresses for your girls when one of your siblings gets married so you can make their dresses this time, too."

Me: "So you want me to make three dresses before August with a newborn?"

Mom: "Yup. Do you want to make Gracie's dress, too?" (That's my niece.)

Me: "No. I think three will be plenty."


Slightly overwhelming prospect, but when my mom came to visit she sewed most of the girls dresses while she was here. All I had to do was hem them, do the sleeves and the zippers. That doesn't seem like much, but with a newborn I am not able to just sit and sew all day long. So the dresses came together bits at a time. A sleeve one day, a zipper the next. I'm happy to say that the girls dresses are done! Here is the finished product:



Two down; one to go. I have until July 22nd to make my dress. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

tharker said...

They both turned out beautifully! And I have no doubt your's will too!!

Amy said...

Good job Andrea!!! I'm so proud! Let me know if you need/want any help!

Tyler and Caryn said...

The dresses look great! The girls will look adorable, as usual! Good luck getting your dress finished, July 22nd is coming soon! :)