Monday, August 31, 2009

Firsts

A lot of firsts have happened at our home. Colby is growing like crazy in my eyes. He now sleeps in his crib in his own room. The first couple of nights were hard for me but I'm sure he likes having more room. He's been waking up every three hours to eat so I think he's having a growth spurt. He also has rolled over from his tummy to his back and from his back to his tummy. He has survived being dropped by both his sisters. (They are strictly limited on how they hold him now.)







Today is Savannah's first day of 2nd grade and Dakotah's first day of kindergarten. They were very happy. Dakotah kept saying,"I just can't stop being happy about kindergarten!" Savannah was a little nervous but then she saw some friends and seemed to be fine.



Dakotah is barely five and already had a loose tooth! I say "had" because she insisted that I pull it out today after kindergarten. She's too little to have a hole in her mouth!




This is Dakotah's cake from her birthday a couple weeks ago. Heather made it beautifully! I had a hard time having to cut into it.






This picture is too cute. Savannah is reading a book to Colby and he looked at the pictures with her. They sure love their brother!






8 comments:

Heather said...

He looks all grown up in the Bumbo reading!

Amy said...

Those pictures are adorable. I love the one of Savannah reading to Colby. and the one of the sisters hugging. okay all of them. Happy first day of school!

Megan said...

the first day is exciting!
that picture of savannah reading to colby is just priceless...

Melissa said...

Beautiful girls. Handsome baby boy. Life is full of exciting things for you right now!

Michelle said...

I bet you're so glad to have Colby to snuggle when you send the girls to school. Can't wait to get my new little one here!
That is a classic picture of Colby in the bumbo and Savannah reading to him. Love it!

Vanessa said...

You have such gorgeous kids! I can't believe Dakotah is missing a tooth!

tharker said...

I can't believe that Colby's already rolling. He's just growing too fast! I love the picture of Savannah reading to him. Such a sweet sister.

Dakotah's already lost a tooth? Wow!!! Jake's had a loose tooth for several months, but nothing has happened with it yet. At this rate, maybe it will pop out by 1st grade ;)

Heather did an amazing job on Dakotah's cake. When Jake saw the picture, I told him it was a cake and he wouldn't believe me. He thinks it looks too real, and I'm with him. It looks gorgeous!

Tyler and Caryn said...

I've been out of the loop with reading blogs lately, so it was good to see what you've all been up to. Cute first day of school pictures! I hope the girls are still having lots of fun with school!