Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Our Vacation--fun, fun!!

Here is all you ever wanted to know about our vacation. We went to California for a family reunion and had a great time. We stayed at Ventura for a week in a hotel. I think the best thing for me was having someone else clean my room every day.


What's more fun than playing in the sand?



And in the freezing cold water?



Clay tried to boogie board and after many attempts he finally succeeded. Unfortunately I didn't get any of his better successes on camera.



One night we went to a Dodgers baseball game. It's much more fun being there in person. We had a lot of fun. By the ninth inning, though, we were getting tired. The score was tied 3-3 and I was just hoping someone would score a run so the game wouldn't go into extra innings. Bottom of the ninth, two outs, two strikes, the hitter hit the ball into the outfield and it flew between two outfielders. YAY!! The Dodgers scored and won the game!! (I learned a lot by sitting next to my brother who is a serious Dodgers fan. It was also fun to tease him about his favorite player that struck out all night.)



Savannah and Clay




Colby with my Uncle Jim




Dakotah had the most fun. She loved the crazy music they would play. Watch her rock out!






The view from our seats.


DISNEYLAND!!!! Was so much fun!! The kids had the best time ever. We let them decide what rides they wanted to do. Dakotah could go on all but one ride so we rode on a lot of rides. Dakotah loved Space Mountain; Savannah, not so much. My mom gets motion sickness really easily so she took care of Colby while I enjoyed the rides, too. We are already planning our next trip back.




What Colby did for most of Disneyland.



Colby got to go on two rides!! He rode Pirates of the Caribbean and It's a Small World (which by the end of that ride you feel ready to scream with craziness from hearing that song played over and over).



Dakotah was fasinated by this water ball.



It's Wendy from Peter Pan! The girls thought it was so funny when she called them Pixies.


We went to the beach again.



During this beach trip I was so tired from all the late nights and early mornings. Colby fell asleep when we got there so I stayed in the car with him and we napped for two and a half hours.


After California we drove up to Idaho where we're from and Colby was blessed there.




The kids and I stayed in Idaho while Clay drove my mom's car home to go back to work. When he got home he discovered that our air conditioner had broken while we were gone and it was 92 degrees in the house. (He got it fixed before we came home.)



My mom drove my van to her work one day and had an altercation with a light pole. Now the bumper of my van looks like this:



The Grossnickles came for Colby's blessing and stayed the week with us. We went to the Idaho Falls zoo.



My favorite thing at the zoo were the little ducklings!



Dakotah bravely sat on my uncle's horse.



Savannah getting to know my sister's soon to be husband.



All the kids love my brother Josh (and his phone).

My sister Natalie got married. Isn't she so beautiful?

Dakotah took a liking to the groom.

The day we drove home was Savannah's birthday.

The day after we got home we had a party for Savannah's birthday. It was a slightly chaotic day, but I think I pulled it off well.

My baby is now three months old. WHAT?? you say? I know, I can't believe it myself.

We had so much fun and did so many things and had a great time with family, but the last thing I have to say is, "There's no place like home!"

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Fun Times!

Amy said...

Sounds like you had a great trip! Glad everything went so well!

Shelly said...

Looks like you had lots of fun, sure makes me homesick for the beach!

tharker said...

It looks like you all had so much fun!

By the way, I love your hair curly!

And I'm so impressed that you had the energy to throw a birthday party the day after your 3 week vacation! You're a brave mama, and a really nice one!!!

Tyler and Caryn said...

Great rundown of the trip! All of your pictures turned out awesome. I'm still working on getting a post about the trip done. You're very on top of it! It was so wonderful to get to have you all up to visit and to meet Colby. He's so precious! We'll find out tomorrow if it'll be a boy or girl cousin joining the mix!

Vanessa said...

Wow! You've had such a busy summer! I can't believe Colby is 3 months old already! I'm happy you're home!

Michelle said...

I laughed when I read your comment about the "It's a Small World" song. That must be a musician thing. :)
Sounds like a great vacation!

River Hopkins said...

Ok so wish we could have gone with you to Disneyland and the beach. We just wouldn't have had the time off during summer. Keith and I have been crazy all summer long trying to fit in YW/YM has been crazy. It looks like you had tons of fun without us. SEE! ha ha ha
Well, we miss you tons and will say hi to the princesses for you when we go in Oct. Love you Much!