Thursday, August 20, 2009

Whew!

Last week I received a summons in the mail for jury duty. Although I think it would be an interesting experience, it's just not the right time for me to serve in this capacity. So I asked for an exemption due to the fact that I'm a nursing mother of a three month old. So since then I have been worrying about it, if they would think I have a good excuse, would they realize that my baby needs me, would they care about my situation or make me serve anyway?


Today I received a letter saying that my request has been granted. Whew! Huge sigh of relief.


Here's some more pictures of our trip.
Dakotah and my sister Natalie. Dakotah wanted to be in all the pictures.

Savannah started crying after the wedding because she thought that now that my sister was married she wouldn't see her anymore. It took a lot of talking to convince her otherwise.

Me and my sis

Dakotah kept batting her eyes at her cousin; he finally asked her to dance.

And for those of you with a sense of humor;

Here's my brother, Blake.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you don't have to worry about jury duty just now. Love, Mom

Amy said...

That is so weird that she thought she wouldn't be able to see your sister anymore! She's not your first sibling to get married, and she still gets to see all of them. Poor girl!

tharker said...

That's so good that you were able to get the exemption. It seems like they're pretty understanding about those kind of things. So nice for you not to have to worry about it anymore.

Savannah is so sweet. She obviously adores her Aunt Natalie.

Dakotah. Cute, funny girl!

Love the picture of your brother...but he's a bit lopsided ;)

Heather said...

I have jury duty..... I guess I should have waited a few more weeks to wean.

Liah said...

hi andria, do like dasies?

Tyler and Caryn said...

I got a jury duty summons when I was doing my student teaching. I was also worried about having to fulfill it, so I know what a relief that is when you get that call putting you off the hook for this time around!
I love the other pictures you've posted.
Thanks for your comment on our blog. I'm glad you didn't spoil it. :) I'm working on a LONG baby story post, and hope to get it posted tomorrow, so you'll have to check back soon!

Melissa said...

Fun times. The only time I've been called for jury duty was from Idaho when we lived in Seattle. Obviously got out of that one. Now that I've just typed that, I'm probably going to get a little surprise in my mailbox any day now! LOL!

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.