Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Frog

Some things that have happened since Austin died I like to keep to myself for a while. Now I'm ready to share this story.

First you need to know that I like frogs. They are my knick knack that I collect. I have a lot of frogs of all sizes.

We go to the cemetary every Sunday. About two months ago when we went Dakotah found a little frog that was hopping around. Clay tried to catch it without any luck. It was jumping around like crazy when it landed on Austin's grave marker and STAYED THERE. It sat there for probably five minutes. It was amazing!! I was so close to it that I could see it breathing. I thought it would move but it didn't. As I stared at it I imagined that Austin was in heaven nudging the frog along, like it was a way to tell me that he was okay, he was fine. I like to think of it as my frog from heaven.



10 comments:

Amy said...

That's amazing, and so sweet.

Heather said...

That frog looks so perfect, I can't believe it's real. I always appreciate those "tender mercies" that the Lord sends to remind us he is always there.

Loved those aprons you made. I'm sure the girls appreciate all your hard work.

tharker said...

I love this story Andrea. I'm so glad you shared it. The Lord is keeping watch over you. And I agree with Heather, this was a definite tender mercy from our Father to your family.

Michelle said...

Awesome.
What a beautiful gift from Heavenly Father and Austin. :)
Love and {hugs} to you!

Meichelle said...

Wow. I am so glad that you shared this story.
Thank you.
Meichelle
Oh and I tagged you on my blog! Play along!

Valerie said...

Hey Andrea, it's Valerie McBride!
I'm Bob and Cathy McBride's daughter. I found your blog through Blake and Meichelle's. Anways, I know that words can't express what you are going through, but I just wanted to let you know that we're thinking of you and wish you the best. I will continue to read your blog, as it's so sweet!

Melissa said...

How sweet!

Ms. Kristen said...

Soooo neat! I didn't know you liked frogs!
I believe Heavenly Father knows each one of us so well.....even the tiny things we think are special! Like frogs!
Whenever I see a frog I will think of you and Austin!

cate create said...

That is such a sweet story. I'm so glad you shared it. It's so wonderful that HE knows us personally, and I think it's great that you realized the significance of that moment and what it meant!

::lindsay said...

What a great story. Thanks for sharing it!