Friday, October 24, 2008

How I Feel Today

How thin the veil between the worlds

On the day of birth

And the day of death.






One moment your spirit resided

Within a sweet, perfect body

Cradled within mine.

The next it had fled

Back to where we all long to be.






A sacred gift it was

To be so close to Father in Heaven

As we welcomed you from His presence

And bid you farewell as you returned.






A holy privilege it is

To be your mother.

The only time you knew away from Him

Was the time you spent next to my heart.










I miss my baby. My arms feel empty just thinking about him. I'm feeling sorry for myself right now, too. Why me, nobody understands, all the usual crap is swirling around my head. I feel lost and depressed. I have to act like I'm doing okay and that bothers me. Why can't I just be depressed? Because people don't like me that way. I'm trying, I really am, but I'm tired of pretending. I am NOT okay. Things are NOT going well. I don't want to pretend anymore.
Written 3 hours later:
I just got my mail. In there was a note from Alicia L telling me she thinks about me, and also a CD from River. The first song hits very close to home. Thank you for your kindness and love. I needed it today. I needed a reminder that I am someone and I received two. Thank you.

6 comments:

Amy said...

I'll always be here for you, no matter how you are feeling. I love you.

Melissa said...

My heart breaks for you, Andrea. There are no words I can say that will change things or heal your hurt. But, I do know that the Lord does understand and can heal it all.

Alicia Leppert said...

I can't tell you how much it means that I was able to help in some small way. That was my biggest hope. I meant every word that I said. You are NEVER alone and I will never be turned off by anything you have to say or anything you are feeling. Always remember that.

tharker said...

I'm so glad you found those little gifts when you did. It sounds like they were the perfect thing that you needed today.

Please know that you are not alone.

River said...

Hello Beautiful. I am so glad that arrived today. On a day you needed it. I know I listen to song #3 whenever I need to. When you are NOT okay, as I often am. I listen to that song and allow myself to not be okay. To cry, to just let the words and piano engulf me, and help me to feel peace in my soul. To feel the Savior beside me letting me cry not asking when I will be okay. When I will be happy again. Know that I think of you every single day. You have been one of the single most amazing people I have ever known. The fact that when I shared my hardest discussion with anyone I know, and all you did was put your arm around me and let me cry, let me not be okay. I will never forget that. Because you are one of the most amazing people I have ever known.

Shelly said...

I am so, so sorry that you have to go through this. I wish there was something I could say or do to help. I just wanted you to know I think about you often, and hope that you know you are loved.