Monday, November 24, 2008

Cute thing

We have company coming for Thanksgiving. My brother and his wife are going to sleep in the girls room. So while they were both at school today I took the liberty of cleaning their room and getting rid of a lot of "treasures." Dakotah came home from school and was so happy with how nice her room looked.

When Dakotah finished eating lunch I asked her to start cleaning up Austin's room (we still call it that because that's what it was supposed to be) and I would help her when I finished eating. She went in and started. A few minutes later she came out and said she was done, she did it all herself and I needed to come look. I looked and she had cleaned the whole room herself and did quite a nice job.

I said," Thank you, Dakotah! I'm so happy that you cleaned it up all by yourself!"

She said," I'm so happy that you cleaned up my room, Mommy."

Melt my heart!! What a sweetheart!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

How sweet! Maybe she can teach my girls a thing or two about helping mommy out!

tharker said...

She really is such a sweet girl. I can totally hear her cute high pitched voice telling you how happy she is that you cleaned her room. Cute, cute!

Amy said...

She's such a sweetie! I love that girl!

Heather said...

Awww... love it when kids are so precious. Enjoy your company!

::lindsay said...

What a sweet girl you have!

Janna G said...

I love moments like this. To bad they don't happen more often