Friday, December 5, 2008

Goings On at the Hayes House

I made these cute jammies for Savannah. When we tried to put the shirt on, it wouldn't fit over her head! (The material wasn't stretchy enough.) So I had to get creative
(I don't do well with creative) and now it fits.




This poor guy has been worn out working two jobs. But he will look like this no more! His boss at his "day job" gave him a raise that is equivalent to what he earns at FedEx so he is quitting FedEx at the end of the month. (Christmas season is not a good time to bail.)I'm soooo excited!! I get my husband back!

After some trial the headstone for Austin is officially ordered. I'm so anxious to have it replace this small marker (which we are keeping). It was such a peaceful feeling to be able to write a check for the whole amount and be done with it. Thanks to all who have supported us. The headstone should be in place by February.








We have our own Santa this year. I'm having a bit of trouble with the holiday
season but I guess it's not so bad if I still bought this!



5 comments:

Heather said...

Ha! Cuddles had me laughing out loud. I'm excited for February for your family.

Amy said...

Cute jammies! You're so amazing. Who was your teacher?? (I won't say "sew" amazing, that would be a terrible pun)
That's WONDERFUL that Clay will get to be home more, and get sleep!
I'm glad we were all able to raise enough money for the headstone. I'm so glad you could have the headstone the way you wanted it.
LOVE the Santa suit!

tharker said...

You did a great job with the jammies for Savannah. I probably would have cried and just thrown them away if they wouldn't have gone over her head. But look at you, figuring out how to fix it and make it work!

I'm so glad that the headstone is now officially under way. I'd love to come see it once it's in.

The Santa suit on Cuddles is so fun!

Debie Spurgeon said...

I can't wait to see the headstone. Let us know when it's in place because I would love to see it in person.

Michelle said...

Good job with the creative solution to the jammies! I'm with you--creative and sewing are words that I don't often use for myself. :)
I didn't know you guys have a dachshund, too! They are too cute.
Good luck with the holidays.
Do you already have ideas for how you'd like to include Austin in your Christmas?
Love and {hugs},
Michelle