Monday, April 6, 2009

Remembering

Go ahead and mention my child,
The one that died, you know.
Don't worry about hurting me further.
The depth of my pain doesn't show.
Don't worry about making me cry.
I'm already crying inside.
Help me to heal by releasing
The tears that I try to hide.
I'm hurt when you just keep silent,
Pretending he didn't exist.
I'd rather you mention my child,
Knowing that he has been missed.
You asked me how I was doing.
I say "pretty good" or "fine".
But healing is something ongoing
I feel it will take a lifetime.
~Elizabeth Dent~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will always remember Austin.
Love, Mom

Michelle said...

I often think of you and Austin. Austin, your baby who was too perfect to stay on earth. He got to go straight back to Heavenly Father. Austin, who must be just as excited to be a big brother as Savannah and Dakotah are to be big sisters again.
What a beautiful family you have--two daughters and two sons! I just realized that's the same order as my dad's family! :)

Andrea said...

Hi my name is Andrea and I hope you don't mind me visiting your blog,I got it from Amy Olsen. I just want you to know how terribly sorry I am about the loss of your sweet baby boy, and that I completely understand the depth of your pain. My 6th months old son, Kodah, passed away four and a half years ago from SIDS. I thought it would be nice to talk to someone who understands the pain and suffering. I live in Richland in the Candy Mountain Ward. You can visit my blog if you want at www.andrea-lookingonthebrightside.blogspot.com