Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ode to Cindy

Happy birthday to Cindy
You wonderful friend of mine!
A few things I'd like to say
about why you are so divine.

You're the first friend I made here
Five years later we're still going strong.
I've depended on you for so much
But I'm not surprised our friendship has lasted so long.

You let me whine and fuss and moan
You listen to all I say.
When I'm finished complaining
You help me view things another way.

You have a very caring heart
You happily help out, whatever the need.
Whether I need diapers, babysitting or dinner
You give, without feeling greed.

I only wanted you to take me to the hospital
Last year when our precious Austin died.
I needed your comforting presence
You willingly stayed by my side.

When I asked "What if my baby's dead?"
You didn't just say it would be all right.
You truthfully answered, "Then we'll be sad."
You didn't try to lie.

You have helped me grow during this time
I look to you to be honest with me.
I get upset and frustrated about things
But you calm me down and help me to see.

Cindy, you are a wonderful friend
You really are the best!
Now I have to end this poem
I need to give my brain a rest.

5 comments:

Janna G said...

Good job Andrea

Happy Birthday Cindy!!!!!!!!!!

tharker said...

Happy Birthday Cindy!!

What a beautiful poem, Andrea. I think it describes Cindy perfectly!

Shellie said...

That poem is right on. She is the best - Happy Birthday, Cindy!

Cindy said...

Thanks Andrea. I can honestly say I have never been "oded" about before. You are so sweet and wonderful and I am so thankful we are friends. Thanks for thinking of me!

Anonymous said...

It's hard to be so far away from my kids, but knowing that Cindy is there always gives me reasurrance. Cindy if you read this I want you to know how much I love you and to thank you for all that you have done for Andrea and family. Love, Mom