Monday, April 27, 2009

Faith, Not Fear

As the time gets closer for this little one to come, I get more anxious. I am concerned about him coming too soon and having problems. I am concerned about waiting too long and losing him. Of course, I could probably go to full-term without any problems, but we don't know that for certain. I'm scheduled to be induced next week. NEXT WEEK!! It is suddenly upon us and I couldn't be more ready. Will we make it? Will we make it through to next week?

This is where faith comes in. It would be so easy for me to lose it all to fear. But where there is fear, there cannot be faith. Yes, I am very anxious, but I truly know that Colby and I will be taken care of by the Lord. He knows us, He knows what will happen, and I have been trying to let His will be done. It may not end how I want it to, but we will be taken care of. He took care of me and Austin; he has been taking care of me all last year. I just keep repeating to myself, "Faith, not fear."

A couple of the songs in church yesterday spoke of faith. "I will not doubt, I will not fear, God's love and strength are always near. His promised gift helps me to find an inner strength and peace of mind......His Spirit guides; his love assures that fear departs when faith endures."

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! Only a week left, thats amazing.

Debie Spurgeon said...

Your words are inspiring. My thoughts will be with you and your new little one and I can't wait to see a picture.

Amy said...

I am so happy for you that your time is almost here!!! You have such an amazing attitude about it and I know the Lord will take care of you. I'm still praying for you and hope that everything will turn out well!

Megan said...

I can feel your strenghth and faith in these words. inspiring, really...
take care this week and my prayers are with you.

Heather said...

You can do hard things! I'll be thinking of you.

Shelly said...

Wow, only 1 week left! I will be thinking of you and praying for you.

Michelle said...

I can't wait to see Colby safely in your arms!! Special prayers going up to Heavenly Father from me just for you.
Love,
Michelle

tharker said...

I cannot wait to meet this new little man. What a blessing he is for your family!

It's funny because just last week, I was talking to Lindsay about some of my fears with this pregnancy, and the exact words she said to me were, "Have faith, not fear." I almost wrote a post with this same title ;)

Shellie said...

Hang in there! You are so close. I will pray for your heart to be calmed through the next week - the title to this post is perfect. I am thinking about you.