Thursday, April 16, 2009

Things That Our Tax Refund Was Not Intended For

***A brand new fish tank and set-up. For the story, click here. Yeah, that took a chunk of money out.

***A new mattress for Dakotah's bed. When the itty bitty girl comes to me and says, "Mommy, my bed is bumpy", maybe it's finally time to trash the 65 year old mattress she's sleeping on and get her a new one.

***A brand new dryer. When my dryer (which is over 20 years old) started making a huge KA-THUMP sound every ten seconds I knew this wasn't good. But what really made me nervous was when Clay said, "If you're going to wash clothes, don't just put them in the dryer and leave the house." So, you think it could start on fire? How about we just buy a cheap new one?


One the really bright side:

Today I took my girls to the dentist for the first time in their lives. Both girls did not have any cavities!!! What mom wouldn't be pleased about that?

7 comments:

Heather said...

I'm cracking up about the matress, and scared about your dryer. I hope you get a new one soon!

Amy said...

Yeah for a brand new dryer. Let's NOT have your house burn down.
Hooray for no cavities! Good job Mom!

Shellie said...

Good work on the oral hygiene, ladies! New dryer sounds like a good plan.

Melissa said...

Hooray for dentists!! Boo for unexpected appliance purchases!! My dryer has literally started growling over the past week and I'm scared to think about how soon it will go kaput...so I'm feeling your pain.

tharker said...

Cindy told me about your dryer the other day. Good thing you got a new one, cuz a dryer sure costs a lot less that a burned down house ;)

Gotta love how quickly the tax refund dissapears :(

Michelle said...

Isn't it lame to spend all that fun "free" money on stuff like that? Ours went completely to replacing our air-conditioning (not an option to live without it in Arkansas!), and it barely paid for half of the job. Waaaaaaah!!! I wanna go to Europe!!!!

River Hopkins said...

oh yea, we are still waiting to see where ours is going.