Saturday, January 17, 2009

It was fun for me!!

I have had so much fun these last few days NOT telling the gender of my baby. Wow, people don't like not knowing that. I did it for my own amusement and was greatly pleased with all the reactions. HA!!

It was also fun surprising people with the news. I had my own reasons for not sharing it immediately and now that I'm telling (and showing) it's fun to see people's faces when they realize how far along I am.

I have felt good and happy these last couple days. The movement of the baby is such a relief. I have 16 weeks to go. I hope my emotions can make it!

Okay, do you really want to know? We are having a boy. Very exciting for me. I am happy to be having a boy since Austin was taken from me. Of course I would love whatever Heavenly Father blessed me with, but I'm glad that I'll be able to (hopefully) use all the boy things I collected for Austin. I will also go ahead with our plans for decorating the baby's room that we were going to do for Austin but never finished. Now what I need is continued faith, hope, and endurance to make it to a hopefully happy end.

14 comments:

Melissa said...

WOOT!!!! How awesome!

I was at the temple last night and said a special prayer for you and your little one.

AOlson said...

Oh, how exciting. I can't believe you hid it for so long. You are good! We will continue to keep you and your family in our prayers Andrea. Congratulations again:)

Kate said...

Oh that is just so exciting :)
Congrats!!

Ms. Kristen said...

I am sooooo excited! Can't wait!

::lindsay said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you!

tharker said...

I am so happy for you and Clay!

I can't wait to meet this sweet little boy (in only 16 weeks...that is awesome!)

Heather said...

I agree with Amy, you are good because I was totally clueless. Congrats on the little man. I can't wait to hear the name you pick out. Baby names are my favorite part!

Alicia Leppert said...

How exciting!!! I am so happy for you!

Shaunie said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you and your family! I love you.

PRP said...

Woohoo! We're so excited for you. I will be sending all my good thoughts your way for the next 16 weeks!

Stacia said...

How exciting and Congratulations! I imagine it's a balance between worry and hope. Hope you get that doppler soon and can listen anytime you want!

meohmyers said...

Perfect. I'm so happy for you! I can't believe you're over halfway there! This will go by so fast.

Shelly said...

Congratulations!! I am soooo excited for you, and think it is great that you are having a boy. Awesome that you will have a doppler to use, I bet that will help your nerves a lot.

Sara said...

Andrea, I just stumbled across your blog and was so thrilled to hear the news. Congrats and what a blessing for your family. I love you guys and am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.