Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ode to Janna


Today is your birthday
You are another year older
And wiser
We are still so young
Yet I feel like we have been friends for eternity
You are my comfort
Your house is my place of peace
Any mood is okay there
You know me so well
You are concerned about my feelings
You try not to put me in awkward positions
You let me be when I need it
And encourage when I need a push
You make me feel safe
Calm
Loved
I have cried on your shoulder so many times
And will many times more
When Austin died I didn't want to see you
When I did I didn't want you to go
You stayed by me for two entire days
You were my shield
My protector
You stay by me even now
You have hurt with me
Cried with me
Laughed with me
You love me
Heavenly Father knew I needed you as my friend
He knows that I need you still
You will be with me for whatever lies ahead
I am so blessed that I can call you my best friend

6 comments:

Janna G said...

Thank you so much! you made me cry. I am just as blessed to call you my friend.

::lindsay said...

Oh, I love that! What a great friend you have.

Happy Birthday Janna!

Heather said...

So sweet. Happy Birthday, Janna!

tharker said...

This is beautiful, Andrea. Having a dear friend that is there no matter what is one of life's greatest blessings. (at least in my mind it is ;)

Happy Birthday Janna!

Ms. Kristen said...

Wonderful post~!

River said...

Awww... man I'm super jealous I live so far from 2 of my favorite people.