Monday, February 2, 2009

Fun at the Recital

Saturday I had a piano recital for my students.

Me with all my students


I like to give my students a gift at each recital. This year I decided to do something different than the usual pencil or sheet music. I got the idea from a friend's blog to make chocolate pianos! I bought a mold online and made 13 of these babies! I would go into the detail of the making of the pianos but I don't want to relive the nightmare. These pianos don't have legs for a reason. My students loved them, but the next time I want to be creative I'll hire someone who's name rhymes with weather!






(Only my mom is required to watch these videos!)



12 comments:

tharker said...

I love the cakes, what a great idea! I think they turned out very cute, and I'm sure the kids loved them!

I'm not your mom, but I watched these videos anyway ;) Good job Savannah and Dakota!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, what a great job girls! That includes you, too, Andrea!. I wouldn't have ever tried to make something like that. You're a lot braver than I am. Love you! Mom

Amy said...

Cool pianos! Good job Savannah and Dakotah!

Mandy Rasmussen said...

Hi Andrea! I don't think we know each other -but we do have mutual friends. Catherine Peck, Kati Sant, Kristen Hatch. I was wondering how much you charge for lessons and what time and days do you have? Are you accepting new students??

Michelle said...

I know EXACTLY why the pianos don't have legs! HA!
Bless your heart, I wish I could have been there to help make it somewhat less nightmarish to make all those. Wow.
You are an awesome piano teacher. I bet your students are crazy about you.

Piano Gal Val said...

Andrea, It is so fun to see you and your students! Your girls did such a great job. I started my to kids this fall as well - so fun huh? PS. Your hair is darling!!val

Alicia Leppert said...

Wow, chocolate pianos!! You are my hero just for attempting that! Oh, and I love your sentence about your mom...funny!

Mark and Jana said...

You are much more creative and daring then I. The girls did a great job.

Heather said...

I heard about how cute those pianos were, I love them!

PRP said...

I can't believe you made chocolate pianos! I'm so impressed.

AOlson said...

WOW!! Andrea you can play piano and make cool chocolate ones, too!! You are so talented:)

Piano Gal Val said...

Andrea - Hey remember when we worked at Chesbro's and the book that had the music for Rigoletto came out? Well, I bought one but can not find it now. Did you buy one? I am looking for one song "the Melody Within". Can you help?

Thanks, Valerie