Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Great Unveiling

Today is the day that you all get to see Austin's headstone. I saved it for today which is 8 months since we lost our baby. This time thing is making me crazy. It's going too fast for it to be 8 months since we lost Austin. But I want it to go faster so I can be done being pregnant and have my baby! ( I don't really want to be pregnant, I just want the baby.) So here it is in all it's splendor.






It's beautiful. It is perfect. It is exactly how I want it. I love having Austin's picture on it so I can see him every time I go. It is so wonderful and lovely to look at; it gives me such peace when I look at it and think about my baby. It'll be great when it's warmer outside so we can stay longer. Right now it's too cold to stay more than a couple minutes. I don't think that's long enough, but Clay makes me leave when my entire body starts shaking from the cold!

We chose a rose because that's what we take for Austin every week when ours are in bloom. We chose a frog because of this story. Clay actually chose the fonts and the blue granite. I love it.

13 comments:

Jan said...

I ♥ you so much Andre.

Heather said...

It's perfect.

Melissa said...

Its lovely. Thank you for sharing. Next time we make a trip to WA, we need to come see you!

tharker said...

It really did turn out so perfectly!

spastic one said...

Andre,it really is perfect. I love that Austin's picture is on it, but the best part is "Families Can Be Together Forever". It brings so much hope! It must be very hard for you, especially worrying about the health of your new baby. Stay strong! Everyone's praying for you. We love you!

Debie Spurgeon said...

I love it. The part that makes me smile the most is how much joy it brings to you. It will be so nice to sit and enjoy it in the spring warmth. (come on spring!!)

Vanessa said...

It is such a beautiful tribute to your little guy.

Amy said...

It is beautiful. I'm glad it turned out the way you wanted it.

Mark and Jana said...

I'm glad it's finished and I'm so glad it brings you peace.

Ms. Kristen said...

Beautiful~!

John & Sarah said...

I love it and I love that you love it! It really turned out perfect and now everyone who passes by will be able to see what a beautiful little boy he is.

meohmyers said...

It turned out beautifully! I'm so glad it's finished and exactly the way you wanted it. I'm even more happy that it gives you peace.

Michelle said...

It's wonderful to see that. Doesn't it feel good to have it there? For me it was like, okay, now there is something permanent--something that visibly proves I have a son named Benjamin!
Austin is so adorable. I love seeing his chubby cheeks. I can't wait till we get to see our babies again! Is it the Second Coming yet? I'm ready NOW!