Friday, September 12, 2008

The Truck

So, last week Clay decided he needed a new truck. The one he has is 5 1/2 years old and has 250,000 miles on it. It also was starting to act funny so he thought it needed a new transmission which would only cost $3500 to fix. His work helped pay for this one so he was hoping to deal with them again but his boss will only pay for a gas truck and not a diesel one. Clay won't have it. "Diesel is my true love!" So this has been the topic at our house for a week. Clay decided that we couldn't afford two car payments (thank goodness) and took his truck in to be tested to see what was really wrong. It wasn't the transmission, it was something else, don't ask me what but it only cost $800 to fix. So he got that fixed, it runs like brand new, and he's in love with his truck again.

The bad news?? Guess what money was used to pay for it. That's right, the money we were saving for a headstone (which wasn't even the full cost yet). So a headstone for Austin is on hold for now. To top it off, I got a medical bill in the mail today for $250 for when I went to the doctor in June last year!!! It took our insurance company that long to tell them that the service wasn't covered.

7 comments:

River said...

Oh, no. I'm sorry that the truck needed such a spendy repair... but hey it is better than having to buy a new one. Diesel financing is so different than buying a gasoline... don't know why... it so shouldn't be. But I'm thinking of you. I know something will work out so you guys will be able to get the headstone soon. I'm thinking and praying for you.

Heather said...

Ok, good that the repair was only $800 but totally a bummer considering it puts you a little farther off from purchasing the headstone. I'm sorry.

tharker said...

I'm sorry that the headstone has to be put on hold for now Andrea. But I'm happy that Clay didn't need a new truck after all.

Insurance is insane! We just got a bill for 80 bucks for some blood tests that Spencer had 18 months ago! What's the deal???

Vanessa said...

I'm sorry that you have the unexpected bills. Health insurance is the worst. They are always messing things up. We need to hang out soon! It's been way too long.

Heather said...

Please don't feel like you need to apologize. While my post was meant to be funny, I realize that it might sound insensitive too. Your words on Thursday really helped me to realize that I DO need to be grateful for the chance to have a baby and not wish every minute of pregnancy away- even if it is uncomfortable. Hence the post and my "repentance". :)

Hope today is a good day!

::lindsay said...

I'm sorry you'll have to put the headstone off awhile longer. That is totally frustrating.

I'm glad the truck got fixed though. Hang in there!

Melissa said...

Andrea,
Please forgive the blog stalk, but you've been on my mind a lot lately. Maybe now I see why. I did some poking around, and I found you.
I know its been many years since our "glory days" at Bonneville and I've failed miserably at being a good friend over those years. For that, please forgive me. Reading your words brought back many memories to me. Our circumstances have been different, but I can sympathize in so many ways with the words you write.

Melissa (Taylor) Hiltbrand
Drop me a line if you feel like it. I'd love to reconnect and become sisters again.
hiltbrand@gmail.com