Monday, March 16, 2009

Update on Baby

I had a doctor appt last Thursday.

After waiting for over an hour, they asked me if I would see another doctor because Dr M was way behind.

I refused and said I would just leave if he couldn't see me.

Twenty minutes later I got to see him.

He measured my belly and told me that I was measuring "way big".

Then he told me he thought the baby was sideways.

Okay, does anybody remember when I was pregnant with Dakotah? She was sideways and I had an inversion done and it hurt really, really bad. It could be used as a form of torture, it is very painful. So after he said that, all I could think was "NO!! Not the torture!" Even when Dr M reassured me that he had fingers of magic, I told him that it would still hurt. That was frustrating news but I had to remind myself that the baby was still alive, that was more important. Okay.

Then Dr M told me he wanted an ultrasound done to check the position and fluid.

Yay! I would get to see my baby again.

Today I had the ultrasound.

The baby is head down. (Good baby.)

There is plenty of fluid.

I am measuring just right for my due date.

The heartbeat was mesmerizing. It is such a beautiful sight.

Stay tuned for the exciting story on how our baby got his name!!

6 comments:

Amy said...

OH, yay! I am so glad he is head down and that everything is looking right! I do remember the torture of Dakotah.

Can't wait to hear the name!

Michelle said...

Phew!! It sounds like you're receiving excellent, attentive care. I'm sure that helps a lot with the crazy emotions.
I'm excited to hear the name story, too!

tharker said...

Love that Dr. M. Seriously. I LOVE him!!!

Good job baby boy for flipping around for your mama! Now just remember to stay perfectly head down ;)

Vanessa said...

I am happy he moved on his own! And I am happy for you that you got to have another ultrasound!

Megan said...

very good news indeed!

Heather said...

Good news all around. I can't wait for the name story.